Feel free to check back on this page to find out about different opportunities or resources, both on and off campus, that Advising would like to highlight as great ways for our students to become more engaged in their educational journey. You can also visit the Campus Resources page for more information about various campus resources available to all UCR students.
Apply for a Fulbright Award for the 2020-2021 Academic Year
Fulbright offers English Teaching Awards and Research/Study Awards in over 160 countries for undergraduates. The application for the 2020-2021 academic year is now open. Students who will be graduating in 2020 and are interested in an international experience are highly encouraged to consider applying for a Fulbright award. Fulbright is also a great gap-year experience for students who wish to enhance their profile before applying to graduate/professional school.
The UCR deadline for this award is September 1, 2019. Visit the Fullbright website for more information about the types of award available and below is more information about the many resources the UCR Office of Undergraduate Education offers to support students interested in applying to this opportunity:
1) Gladis Herrera-Berkowitz, Fulbright Program Advisor helps students strategize their application. Appointments can be scheduled at https://calendly.com/gladis-ucr
2) Jennifer Kavetsky, Writing Coordinator, Academic Resource Center helps students with the essays. Appointments can be scheduled at https://arc.ucr.edu/ please select the "WebGateway Online Appointment System."
3) Fulbright Webinars:
- June 19: Study/Research Essays -https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/8598506783020183565
- June 26: Arts Portfolio -https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/7684450881013149965
- June 28: ETA Essays Webinar - https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/5422814836306019853
- July 16: General Applicant Q&A Webinar - https://register.gotowebinar.com/register/6993215408420153099
- Recorded webinars are at https://us.fulbrightonline.org/resources/recorded-webinars