Academic Advising Updates
Updated September 21, 2021
Welcome back! As we return to campus for the Fall 2021 quarter, we would like to inform you about how our advising services will work for this first quarter back to campus and also to remind you about the importance of adhering to all health and safety measures while on campus. The CNAS Undergraduate Academic Advising Center (UAAC) will continue to provide our wide-range of advising services to all CNAS undergraduate students via Zoom until further notice.
- Location of Advising Services: All scheduled advising sessions (appointments and drop-in advising) will take place remotely by Zoom during the Fall 2021 quarter to promote health and safety. To view and schedule an advising appointment or drop-in meeting with your advisor, please visit myAdvising.ucr.edu. *New students will have access to myAdvising.ucr.edu starting on the first day of the quarter (9/23)*
Appointment Advising: Select an appointment up to 10 days in advance; we will have 20 minutes to discuss major declaration or complex questions. *Advising appointments will be available starting in week 2 of the quarter (10/4)*
- Drop-in Advising: Sign-in up to 15 minutes before drop-in availability opens; we will have 10 minutes to discuss brief questions (advisors will meet with students in order of sign-in; you may experience a brief wait).
Please see instructions below on how to access advising meetings through Zoom:
- General Questions: We hope to have peer mentors available in-person from 10:00 am – 12noon and 1:00 – 3:00 pm in the Pierce Hall 1st Floor Lobby so you can stop by for quick answers to general questions. Please bookmark our website: https://cnasstudent.ucr.edu/ to view updates about when peer mentor availability will be offered (wearing a mask is required at all times while inside campus buildings ).
- For more information about on campus, in-person interactions, please see the latest updates about the Campus Return here: https://campusreturn.ucr.edu/. We also ask that you always follow the in-person guidelines below anytime you’re on campus.
- For safety purposes, please note that when entering any campus building you must wear a mask.
- If you plan to gather with a group outdoors, you are also required to wear a mask.
- When possible, please continue to practice social distancing and all other wellness strategies.
For more information and support on remote learning please visit keeplearning.ucr.edu. UCR Keep Learning is designed to be an information resource and a campus community to help you learn remotely. The Keep Learning website contains Quick Guides to Zoom, iLearn, and Yuja, as well as Best Practices for Exams in iLearn and suggestions for online assignments, Recording Lectures, and more.
We look forward to working with you this upcoming quarter and we appreciate your consideration of all policies, as we care for your safety and the safety of others.
CNAS Undergraduate Academic Advising Staff